• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M800 Garwood 20k winch on a 2.5 ton? Will it fit?

Frederickcox

Does anyone have experience installing a m800 20k winch on a deuce and a half? It is actually for a 5 ton. Is the frame spacing and frame size the same? Is the distance from the t/c to the winch the same, I believe the t/c is the same, a Spicer unit so hopefully the pto will bolt up. These and many other questions have I. Basically wondering if I should bid/ buy this complete winch setup for a 5 ton.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site!
It will kind of fit, but not well at all. The frame on a 5 ton is taller than on a deuce so you’ll need to make brackets and extensions. The input on the winch is on the opposite (passenger) side from a deuce. The driveshaft is different, controls are different, PTO is different too. Also if you’re on stock 9.00x20 tires they’ll technically be overloaded with the extra weight if I remember right.
Most people will say don’t bother trying it, just look for the correct deuce stuff. Maybe you could try trading the 5 ton parts for the 2.5 ton parts if you get them for a decent price.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
There is a complete winch setup in the classifieds for a deuce. You will get beat down trying to make all the parts work/fit/ and find trying to make the 5ton setup work.

Also a few people here had some 18K electric winches for sale. Would be the easiest bet and less work.