• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 Trailer Brake Valve

Jersey4x4

I think this is the correct spot for this as this is a factory option on the trucks and not really a mod. I have an M816 and it does not have the trolly brake setup for towing and I want to add it. I found an outlet for the correct handle/valve which is the same as the air valve for the rear clutch valve. Anyway, I need some input on where the factory assembly would be located on the column and where the air lines get connected to the air system. I want this to be as it would on the truck tractor or the 5th wheel wrecker. There is/was a kit available from the gov. according to the TM but I can not find any sheets with installation instructions or where to connect it. Any info I can get would be great, Pictures also if possible. Thanks

Jersey4x4

I have that but it really does not show where the lines actually go, it is like a stick figure type drawing but not specific as to the install of them to the air system. I was hoping I would see one close up so I could see where the air lines go and if in fact they are lines or plastic tube?

Look in the TM's under the M819 tractor wrecker, i know I say a brake diagram in one of them that shows the lines and routing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks