• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 Trailer Brake Valve

Jersey4x4

I think this is the correct spot for this as this is a factory option on the trucks and not really a mod. I have an M816 and it does not have the trolly brake setup for towing and I want to add it. I found an outlet for the correct handle/valve which is the same as the air valve for the rear clutch valve. Anyway, I need some input on where the factory assembly would be located on the column and where the air lines get connected to the air system. I want this to be as it would on the truck tractor or the 5th wheel wrecker. There is/was a kit available from the gov. according to the TM but I can not find any sheets with installation instructions or where to connect it. Any info I can get would be great, Pictures also if possible. Thanks

Jersey4x4

I have that but it really does not show where the lines actually go, it is like a stick figure type drawing but not specific as to the install of them to the air system. I was hoping I would see one close up so I could see where the air lines go and if in fact they are lines or plastic tube?

Look in the TM's under the M819 tractor wrecker, i know I say a brake diagram in one of them that shows the lines and routing.