• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M817 dumps in Columbus, OH

CGarbee

With a big THANKS to Gimpyrobb and Junkyard Wars Crusher who went over last Friday and spent the day looking at the 21 M817 dumps up for auction, I managed to purchase one today!

They gave me a list of all the high and low points for each truck and rated them for me (since I am way over in NC). Bid on four of them and managed to score on the one that they had rated number one on their list (4302). Supposed to have some troop seat hardware and two spare tires, complete interior (not missing any guages or seats, etc.), and the fluids that could easily be checked look ok...

I missed out on the next three that they thought might be good, mainly since I was trying to figure out if my cousin (who has been jonesing for one) really did have the cash to reimburse me or not...

Two that they said to NOT buy went pretty high since somebody bid late enough to extend the bidding past the close... (one with a missing driveshaft went for more than I bid on my truck!).

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Great News it is hard to score a 5 ton 800 series these days with 8500 lurking around and so many I have seen marked hold for foreign military sales. I am sure you will love that truck I had to teach the engineer unit in Fort Devens what a tailgate spreader, for that very type of truck, was since we needed it to do our motorpool and they did not know what is was and were getting ready to turn it in. Have fun drive it home and take lots of pics Woo Hoo

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet! Please keep us informed!

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good looking truck, you will love the 5 ton, easy to work on and fun to drive, and the looks you get! My son and I have a great time with the M543.
James G.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why does the title say Columbus, GA, when the trucks are in Columbus, OH?

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cabell failed Geography? (or typing) rofl

CGarbee

Who me? Lost? Confused? Two thumb typist?
Of course :oops:

I'm still in stealth mode afraid that somebody else wants one and will make off with it... Misdirection (and I'm sticking to it... ;) )

Bjorn
It's going into the yard (front, back, side, I don't know)... I already started stacking trailers, maybee if I start putting jeeps in the back of cargo trucks I can squeeze some more stuff in. At least I won't have to mow much grass this year... [thumbzup]

And yes, I did just go and edit the subject line so that everyone who missed it today can be confused tomorrow... :lol:

jwaller

I think I've got a vinal cover for a dump if you need it pm me and I'll sell it. I was told it fit a deuce but it is obvious it doesnt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks