• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M817 dumps in Columbus, OH

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Congrats Cabell!! I always loved the look of the 817 dumps. They are MANLY, especially singled out. I am kinda partial to singles ;)

CGarbee

steelsoldiers said:
Congrats Cabell!! I always loved the look of the 817 dumps. They are MANLY, especially singled out. I am kinda partial to singles ;)

Thanks. I like the look of the singles too, but considering how it will be used, and the availability of the dual tires, I suspect that she'll run on what she has for some time...

The guys said that it had a spare in the bed in addition to the one in the rack... Hopefully, it'll still be there when the EUC clears and I go to get it...

Oh, and Bjorn, it does have the Cummins under the hood... :)

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Oh yeah! NHC-250 baby!! Gotta love the big Cummins, even if it is NA ;) You got me beat by 10 hp. I win the torque war though rofl

CGarbee

AMGeneral said:
Nice truck Cabell!,Get my phone message on Sat?Do I hear a wrecker trip coming to pick it up? :driver:

Got the message, but dropped the cell phone the other day and it's acting flaky... Going by the Altel place this morning.... :(

I'll let you know when my EUC clears. I'd much rather run up with you and your wrecker than have it commercially hauled...

Out of the 21 M817's they had on the line, the guys said that this one was the nicest...

I really did have to hold myself back at the end though (I was bidding on more than one...). At least I have enough left over to buy a around or two when I get there to pick it up... :beer: I'll let everyone know when I go up for her.

CGarbee

steelsoldiers said:
NHC250 is 250hp/ 685 lb-ft@1500rpm, 8.3 is 240hp/ 745 lb-ft@1500rpm Not much difference. I just enjoy ribbing Cabell :)

Not a problem... It saves me from having to look up the specs... :lol:

CGarbee

pa.rich said:
C Garbee, Are the trucks all auctioned off? I am unfamiliar with the way these GL things work. I am in need of dump parts. Do you know of any ?

All of the ones that they had listed for this site are gone... All went off at the same time (except for a couple that had the auction close extended due to late bids...). There are a couple more that will be comming up at other locations in the near future, but I don't have any knowledge of their condition.

I know of some folks with dumps, but none that has a parts truck for reasonable money. What specifically are you looking for?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PA.RICH: Good luck finding dump parts...there are very few residues around that are worth anything...and the parts are worth good money when you can find them (I know...I pieced together all of the dump control linkages for my old M817). I offered you a very good used dump bed (with subframe, lift cylinders, cab protector, tailgate, etc.) off of my M929 for $1,500. I think you'll find that is pretty reasonable when you find what is out there.

CGarbee

Got the email from GL today with the paid in full invoice attached... So it looks like the folks who review the paperwork (EUC's) still like me... :)
Now, to figure out how to get it off their yard on a Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday sometime in the next fourteen business days given that I am going to be spending a chunk of the avialable time in Aberdeen...

Woohooo!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks