• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 Driver seat modification?

4x4e350

Moved driver seat back 5"

I was able to move my seat back, what a difference in leg room that made. The only problem, is I had to cut the back of the cab off!:cookoo:
OK, the solution, add another cab on the back. It's going to be a 4 door, but the rear doors will be 12" shorter, so I can keep the spare carrier, and tool box, with a 8' bed.:-D
So far, all my measurements will work.

Attachments

4x4e350

Was able to get the extra cab attached this weekend, that thing was heavy trying to get it up on the frame by yourself, I was planning on using a cherry picker, but there just wasn't enough room, so I had to lift it up. It was cold too, but my temporary paint booth plastic helped!:-D
I think I will like the shorter rear doors, I just have to build them now.:eek:

Attachments

4x4e350

Brad you have help right down the road. I hope your back is OK.aua
Thanks Joe, it was one of those things, where I planned on using the cherry picker, but ended up lifting it up, and it was on before I realized it:smile:.
It just required a few more pain killers Saturday night, but all is well now.:grin: