• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 Trailer

Hammer

I like those step decks!
I have a 35' flatbed for my 818. Works great.
But it is pretty darn high, and with the bigger tires on the 818, it is really high!
Thought about selling it to buy a decent step deck so I can haul some of my other MV's without being over height.

bassetdeuce

Does the m818 have the trailer brake control on the steering column?
Johnson bar? Yes it does. I've used it to test the trailer brakes and coupling from time to time. Flip it down all the way and it locks up the trailer brakes. Flip it up and it releases with a loud hiss. Tip: make sure you paint your gladhands so you don't get them mixed up.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would just anti up and get a 916 or 915 you wont be sorry. Spend a little more now. They have come down so much I might get one to keep the 920 company. If your going to be working a truck on a regular bases you might want to lessen to an old man. Been there done that.

Last edited:

bassetdeuce

I would just anti up and get a 916 or 915 you wont be sorry. Spend a little more now. They have come down so much I might get one to keep the 920 company. If your going to be working a truck on a regular bases you might want to lessen to an old man. Been there done that.
I get the sense that the 915, 916, 920.. are better road trucks i.e. more power, auto, and more civilized. M818 is more old school and seems more fit for heavy off road use. I don't own a 900, just have experience with the M818. My 2cents.

fasttruck

Used a M 270 with ramps from a M 172 to haul Huimmers. Yes they will go up the ramp in FWD lo and not belley out
at the crest or top of ramp. M 270 has same lip on rear of trailer as M172. I never saw any loinger ramps made for it but
they may be out there.

jwaller

I have 2 M270's for both my tractors and you would be wise to find a dock on both ends, they are 4ft high so ramps of any good use are going to be very long and heavy. I'm, selling 1 of my 270's for 4500. it's a good trailer for a good deal.

M270, but it didn't come with ramps. Easy to build some though. Or buy a set from a M172 (HEAVY)
An M270 is the trailer I really want, for the 40ft useable deck.

There are a couple of other types, but they are high trailers (standard flatbed type)

Unless you want to go overwidth for the m172, you're just about going to have to get a civilian trailer (or a m270...)

(the picture is a member's rig on this site I believe)
yup im a member here!
thats my set up in the photo.
the M270 is a nice trailer but it still is a little high for hauling higher profile items.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks