• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 Master Cylinder Leak

kg5252

Hi guys, a few days ago I noticed that my Dodge was not holding fluid in the rear half of the master cylinder, and was actually bone dry inside, even though I had filled it completely and pumped it through the lines not even two months ago. After further inspection I noticed that the brake fluid was leaking out between the master cylinder and the drum behind it which I think is called the brake booster? I can see along the frame where all of the fluid had dripped to and has removed a bit of the paint on it. I removed the master cylinder and it appears that there is no gasket between the two of them. Is there suppose to be a gasket of somekind? If so am I able to use RTV because this is my daily driver and I would prefer not to have to go through the process of ordering a gasket and having it delivered. RTV or some other sealant in a tube would be much quicker for me. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks