• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915 Electrcal grimlins

R Racing

There are a few things for you to look at,Look under the dash left of the steering wheel should be a small yellow box. thats the flasher relay. there a common fail item. next check both rear tail lights. the way the internal wiring to the light is horrible and are know to rust thru. ( ask me how I know !! ) Also check your CB's with the the power on and make sure you have power on bothe sides . Some of those have a internal Diode and if installed backwards dont work correctly.

WrightContracting

Thanks for the help. I actually have a really great truck. I had to replace the tractor protection air valve, and then this signal thing has come up.

I did have the truck parked on the side of the rd with the flashers on for a couple of hrs, I bed it is possibly that relay.

With this trucks, what tends to be the best place for parts such as the flasher relay? ( I will apologize to you to about the overpost, I didnt learn my way around as well as I should have)

R Racing

I found a Replacement at NAPA . but any place like that or fleet pride should work.Its a standard 12v unit. On both the trucks I have the relay was melted.Also make sure your Trailer brake lever is all the way up or they won't flash either.

WrightContracting

That is good to know about the brake lever. Since the trailer brakes weren't working we have been using the lever a lot to test. Whats the main reason for using a 24v system vs a 12?

Any way to test that relay?

R Racing

The truck is 98 percent 12V the only thing the 24V is for is the starter. the fuel solinoid. and the 24V trailer outlet. Its a dual voltage alternator. The 24V was a Mil standard for these trucks. the relay has a heating element spring that opens after a second or 2 thats what gives you the flash. if you put your hand on it and if its getting 12v and ground you should feel it click. normally there discolored and melted a bit on the case when they go bad. Also they can click but the contacts burn so also check you output. its not a high dollar item. if memory serves me right it was less than $20.00

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks