• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915A1 Richmond Recovery 11-10-10

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Well to start we all left at 0700 this morning with my wife,kids, and my friend George to bring home the M915. Arrived at 0900 and met the nicest B*tch at the welcome center I have ever met. She was very rude and really seemed to be better than everyone. Complaint filed. Got down to the GL yard and met with Michael the GL rep and he was Great. He even went and helped us slave start the M915 that has dead batts. We checked the truck out and hit the road. Made it home with no problems. Seems like we all enjoyed the trip . 915's seem like they want to go fast! -Jay

Heres pictures of my youngest son Christopher as the Driver and my daughter Makayla talking on the Net as the Truck Commander and the ol truck.

P.S. Guys that asked me to check their M915's up there. Most if not all of them start. Have almost full tanks of fuel , and a new manual for them in the cab and maybe a few other goodies.

Thank you to Richard/ Wreckerman for the good info on 915's before my trip.

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Glad to help Jay....sounds like you got a good one.

I am still suffering "sellers remorse" for getting rid of my last 915......but money talks.

Maybe there will be some up for sale at Redstone soon.

I sure need one to pull my van trailer (military RV).

70deuce

Nice Jay!! What trailers do you have down there for that beast?? Kids looking great!! Still headed up this way for the holidays??

HeadWizard

Glad you got home safe.

I've met the lovely woman at the 1st counter on the right at the welcome center at Richmond and concur with your opinion. She can be exactly as you say. Make the trip less fun. Just think I get to go see her next week!

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
HeadW , Good luck with her. The one at the door was ... not so up to par then the head girl ( I think) that was walking around just really did me in.
Phil , Yeah were coming out for Christmas , we will get there on the 19th in Denver. Id like to have more trailers but im really getting out of room , I have the M127A2C and a 105 but nothing for the 915.
Jon , Nah we havent thinned the heard at all. Still have all the MV's , need to get a M123 from Ranchers out in Lamar ..

The truck ran around 65 just under 2000 RPM.
-Jay

hoop

The "Head Girl".......is a good description.
And the "Better Than You"....for the other one is a good description also.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You took advice from wreckerman and you aren't dead or in jail?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you got home safe.

Just an off-the-wall question, Jay - do you ever buy MVs with the intent of keeping them? I've seen almost every MV known to man in your driveway pics but they never hang around. :roll:

steelandcanvas

Jon , Nah we havent thinned the heard at all. Still have all the MV's , need to get a M123 from Ranchers out in Lamar ..
-Jay
What's Ranchers asking for a 123? I'm looking for someone else, not myself. First-shirt says I can't buy anymore green toys for awhile. Looking for a 123 and a 747 (semi-trailer, not airplane)

Last edited:

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Who knows what they are asking for the M123's , im sure it nuts. Mike, I keep some of my trucks and a trailer at a friend of mine 2 small towns over that has a small lot where he keeps his MV's. I cant have anything in the yard here. BTW what did you want to do about the window defroster that you sent that was wrong ? :roll: I didnt hear back - Jay

Last edited:

ctmustang

Jay the 915 is a bad boy. I got to check out Am Generals at the Ga. rally and it looked like a beast. We convoyed part of the way home with him and his 915 ran great with the loboy with the deuce on it. It never seemed to slow a bit on the steepest of hills. Wanna make me a deal on that 105?
CT

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks