• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915A1, Truck, Tractor,gladhand

Rkrug

Just got it picked up today an is it big!! Got some strange looks when i stopped to get some stuff at Harbor freight. Also experienced some bad fork lift driving at GL guy took some paint of my wheel well when he loaded it up. Here some pictures of it if some one could refer me to the right TM for it if there is a specific one for it that would be great.
Shop crane came in handy!

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Have you READ any TMs yet, from your questions I would guess NOT, we are HERE to HELP, NOT do it for you.

JH1

Better check to see if the lunette ring on the tow bar will drop over the pintle on the commercial semi. Might not, actually. I ran into that problem. Commercial semi's have smaller pintles than some military lunettes. I don't know the dimensions right off, but I got a big surprise, once. Hate to see you travel a long way and get the same surprise. I towed my M915 home with a friend's Kenworth commercial wrecker.

I was going to tow it backwards with the steering wheel secured with straps, but the Y-adapters for the wheel lift were too narrow to fit around the rear axle. I used different Y-adapters that affix to the leaf springs, instead. Had to remove the driveline and cage the brakes. Had zero problems on the 200 mile tow home.
Jim

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks