• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 cold start

74M35A2

I didn't check the tread timing. I am usually able to easily embarrass myself that way, yet I still don't learn and keep doing it! Ugh!

I stand corrected than thank you also for the insight. My brother and I were wondering that because we had never taken any of the batteries out of the battery compartment and when I got to Napa where he is parts manager, I showed him the batteries to test and he and I were like wait a minute this is a 24v system and I have 48 volts worth of power??? :confused: Anyhow we replaced them yesterday and man did she love that! There was NO hesitation at all starting:beer:!!! So in other words I had back up power when I had the 4 batteries in parallel and in series with the other set up?

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I stand corrected than thank you also for the insight. My brother and I were wondering that because we had never taken any of the batteries out of the battery compartment and when I got to Napa where he is parts manager, I showed him the batteries to test and he and I were like wait a minute this is a 24v system and I have 48 volts worth of power??? :confused: Anyhow we replaced them yesterday and man did she love that! There was NO hesitation at all starting:beer:!!! So in other words I had back up power when I had the 4 batteries in parallel and in series with the other set up?

The military uses these trucks differently than we do. They spec them out with copious amounts of reserve power to be able to run equipment and still be able to start the truck.

It isn't just a matter of cranking amps. It's also amp hours.

With the stock setup, using hawker milspec batteries, with no functional charging system, you can start the truck multiple times and run the truck for a couple of days before you have to pull the batteries and recharge them. This includes marker lights and signals, and intermittent low and high beam usage (ask me how I know!)

For our purposes, 2 batteries are completely sufficient, even for the big NH250 and even in the cold (block heater recommended). You don't even have to go all out - any 2 halfway decent batteries are good enough...