• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Dump Conversion with 8" dual stacks

Bjmca

thats a nice truck man, I like the dump, the stacks look good, but what about rain? do you park it inside or have covers for them? keep us updated on progress
I'm just covering them with pails, 8" rain caps are pretty pricey, and I dont think I would like the look. I run it just about every day so it's unlikely water would be a real issue anyway, just don't want the soot shower.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Truck has 250 cummins, runs great but...... as I can't help myself to modify everything I touch, I will be doing a turbo install next weekend. I have all the major components already, just waiting on some gaskets.
So have you done that turbo install yet?

Pics???

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello! Where are you in NE PA? I also have a 923 and would love to stop by and see this. I am passing back through that area on Thursday. Thanks, PM me if you can. Great Work!

Just looked at a 923 the other day. If I do get it, I'll definitely be doing a dump conversion. Would be great for ranch work, and some light logging.

I love the way the truck looks.

Vintage iron

Make sure to install a pyrometer with the turbo. Adding a turbo with out changing your pump and injectors will only add 20 hp. I know because Cummins already did it. There will be some issues with the Putting in a bigger Engine. One is the front motor mount and the transmission won't last long with more power. Biggest you should go with the Allison transmission is a Cummins 290.

By the way great work so far, the truck looks great.

Bjmca

Hi guys I have not been around the forums in a while, sorry I haven't responded. Yes I still own the truck and use it on a regular basis, just the other day I ran it all day on my property moving dirt and stumps. After hauling stone, dirt, stumps and mulch with it the only regrets I have is not installing a heavier dump hoist assembly. It's to easy to overload the hoist for how much the truck can actually haul.

In my others posts and pictures I have installed a boost gauge and pyro and all is well. This truck runs great now with the mods and I drive it fairly regularly (not so much in the winter).

I may drive it to the MTA in Sussex in April, depending on my schedule.

Carlo

Hi everyone, I wanted to share some pics of my new 923 that i bought from a member here a few weeks ago. I bought a super clean truck that needed nothing but still managed to make a project out of it. Don't worry I'm not one to start something and not finish.

Heres what I've done so far:

Removed the spare tire rack and davit crane
Added a dump kit from CC Surplus
Shortened the frame 14" to close the gap behind the cab
Installed dual 8" stacks with 24" shorty mufflers at the stack inlets
Reworked the air inlet to rear of cab
Changed the mudflaps to work with the dump
Replaced some gauges

Hope you enjoy the pics, sorry for the dirt in some of them, I just got done testing the new dump! :)
Would you have a sound file ? I would love to hear what the 250 sounds like with this dual stack set up. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks