• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Dump Conversion with 8" dual stacks

Bjmca

any picture of the hinges that go on the back end of the bed to connect it to the frame? Im planning to get the CCE dump bed kit for my tractor conversion
Maybe later when it stops snowing I could go out and snap a few of the hinges. They came with the kit I purchased.

I know alot of guys would like to hear it run, but i dont really know a good way to record it and post it. I'm not that computer savy!

Is there anything you would recommend for the installation that is not included in the kit? Id love if someone did a step by step write up with pictures. Ive been thinking about what the best way and in which order to install the bed and hydraulic bed lift, taking into consideration both proper placement for the best maximum lift and safety while doing the installation. I doubt I will access to a crane or anything to hold the bed up while doing the installation. One question I have about both the hinges at the end of the bed and the hinges at the lift is are they separable? Meaning would I be able to install one side of the brackets on the bed one side on the truck and then when im ready for finally assembly just mate the two together using pins or bolts.

wrenchturner6238

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I enjoyed this thread and you have built a nice truck!!
I am working on a M931 project but I also have M923 that I want to install a c&c bed hoist kit on the truck but i seen in this thread u talked it is easy to over load the hoist. I am wandering how full the stock bed is and it is over loaded?

Carlo

I would love to hear it! I'm trying to find a single stack open for my A2's here but can't get the right diameter. Is there anyone in the US offered a single stack semi bolt on?

71DeuceAK

Is there any way to leave the spare tire in place but still have the bed dump? (I can see where having a full load of gravel could be an issue). Also what about just straight piping with the 8" stacks? How much of a performance boost do you really notice, is your fuel turned up too?

I like this... when I get mine (probably an A2 though) I might consider doing something like this, particularly if the stock exhaust has a rusted out muffler or busted stack...although I'd probably just straight pipe the dual 8 inch stacks, I happen to like loud exhausts!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks