• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 frame length

lakeydna

I've read on here the M931 frame is 11'9" from the cab, I've seen mention the M923 frame 12" longer. What does it actually measure from the cab? What about M927? Just trying to figure out what frame to use? I've found the wheel base measurements but want the actual frame lengths. Thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dimensions should be found in the -10 TM.

lakeydna

Thanks, I read slower and noticed my computer is skipping pages on the TM's.
What I've found:
M931 - 265"/ 22.1'
M923 - 307.5"/25.6'
M927 - 380.9"/31.7'

Assuming cab length is 10.3' based on 11'9" frame length extended passed cab on a M931, frame lengths should be as follows:

M923 - 15.3'
M927 - 21.4'

I didn't see any actual lengths I'm looking for in the TM's, just wheel base, chassis and overall. Any takers to verify my math?

hot rod deuce

A 931 is 11'9 after the cab and a 925 is roughly 15'. The cargo is much more because it hangs over the rear, the cargo wheelbase is only 12" longer.

Don't forget the spare tire and muffler are behind the cab also.

tamangel

found this thread and thought I'd pose a different question.. frame height for an M927/814 is about 3'-4' or so(ground to top of frame)? Thinking along the lines of the Extreme Camper M36 project and this mod install for the basic structure..hopefully on the used market somewhere....

http://dahlsonindustries.com/projects_csc_dnv_containers.html

they come in 2 heights so hopefully wouldn't end up too tall..

Just thinking in and around the box...

Mike W

The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.
Jim Hightower

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks