• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 NHC 250 Injecion Pump Problem

cummins7

My brother recently purchased a 5 ton, and the previous owner said last time he started it oil or fuel started coming out of the weep hole on the injector pump and that's all he knows. I've had it running today and recorded a video but not sure how to post it. It is under pressure and is a steady stream that lands on the tire and when you rev it up the further it will spray. It's red in color and don't have a distinctive smell like died diesel or kerosene. Possibly oil? If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be great.
thanks

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure it's from the IP?? Sounds like power steering fluid from the power steering pump.
Take a picture.

cummins7

I have a video I can text or e-mail to someone that think they can identify the problem. It runs perfect, revs up fine but the fluid is leaking to severe to even consider to drive. I would like to get it home as soon as possible.

ke5eua

I have a video I can text or e-mail to someone that think they can identify the problem. It runs perfect, revs up fine but the fluid is leaking to severe to even consider to drive. I would like to get it home as soon as possible.
How big is the video file? I'll pm you a link for my google drop box so you can put it there and I'll put it up for you.

aheilmann68

Look like ord and its not power steering fluid. If I remember correctly i think I have a port on my 250 in that vicinity but it has the ball bearing plug type wedged in. Its almost like a port needed for manufacturing or install thats not actually required for operation. What does the what im assuming is a hole, look like? Are there threads? Try looking at pictures of the ips and see if you can spot the similarities.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The nhc 250 ip is water cooled. Might want to do a flush and see what the water looks like.
The Cummins nhc 250 for that matter the 855 family IS NOT water cooled, the ip is full of fuel, there is NO water connection, don't think I have ever seen a "water cooled"ip, the 8.3 according to the tms has NO water connection either.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
According to the tm, there is a plug at that point, there is a good chance the plug came out, should be just a standard allen head plug

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron that is a leak in between the IP and compressor. I would think it should be oil that is the connection also where on mine the tac cable comes out. There should be no fuel there I believe. I could be wrong.

ke5eua

The Cummins nhc 250 for that matter the 855 family IS NOT water cooled, the ip is full of fuel, there is NO water connection, don't think I have ever seen a "water cooled"ip, the 8.3 according to the tms has NO water connection either.
Sorry, got it confused with the air compressor. Was up late last night combing through the parts manual and remembered seeing one of those things being watered cooled and thinking to myself, that's cool.
My apologizes. I had to go back and make sure but yep, not ip, air compressor.

:lost:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Ron that is a leak in between the IP and compressor. I would think it should be oil that is the connection also where on mine the tac cable comes out. There should be no fuel there I believe. I could be wrong.
True, about the only way for that much fuel would be if the input seals took a major dump, there is 2 seals back to back to seal the fuel in and the other is to keep the oil out, I would check the oil level to see if you are making oil.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks