• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 NHC 250 Injecion Pump Problem

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is fuel. The pressure is minimal, the pt system isn't making pressure yet, only flow. The seals/mainshaft are shot. Yes, check the oil.

cummins7

Is it something that someone mechanically inclined can do? Also can I limp it home or should I use a tow bar and attempt it with my bobbed deuce? The 5 ton has the 16.00 (53) tires. It's about 8 miles from my shop

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The drive coupling can be difficult sometimes. I don' t know what your mechanical abilities are. The governor plunger rides on the main shaft, that is sorta important.

cummins7

Update: it is fuel coming out, I dissected the old one and like it was said before the seal was blown. I purchased the new injection pump off eBay. It was a little tight when I got it but used some oil and got it loosened up. Put it on the truck switched over all the fittings and fuel shut off over. Started up immediately ran perfect for about 10-15 seconds and started spraying fuel out the weep hole again and now it's getting in the crankcase and making a ton of oil, spewing out of the dipstick and overflow vent. Anyone have any ideas before I send the new one to get rebuilt and just blame it on crappy luck that the new one had a bad seal. Can it be building pressure inside the ip causing it to push the seals out? I checked the return and blew air through it and didn't seem clogged.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
NOS (new old stock) = dry seals, it is not that hard to reseal the ip, I did it on the 819, sure wish you were a lot closer, I would do it for you.