• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Restoration and RV conversion

Vintage iron

Sorry, guys I have been busy as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest! I have done a ton of work on this project and it is almost done. I will post pictures up soon .

Vintage iron

Since my last post I have neutralized any rust on the cab, hardtop, and hood. Took out any dents, sanded out any peeling paint, sanded them all, spot primed. The cab has been undercoated inside and out.
024.jpg025.jpg187.jpg189.jpg191.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Vintage iron

I spot primed the the bare metal areas with a high nap hot dog roller. the roller helped add texture. finish paint will be done once the truck is assembled on the chassis.

Vintage iron

I took off the old cab, hood and radiator. Cleaned and painted all the hard to reach places, replaced the rubber hoses on the back of the engine and replaced all the rubber mounts. My girl friend helped me install the new cab and fresh radiator. Next is re attached all the wiring, air lines and cables.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks