• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a2 Air Dryer rebuild

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks...not an ebayer but sent him a pm. I assume its a direct swap.?
Close enough to one. You may have to get some new fittings depending on the ports if they are 1/2" or 3/8". even a swap for the pure air to the purest isn't direct and requires a few air fittings and a redrill of the mounting plate or the purchase of the mounting bracket for the purest. The wabco and the purest air dryer share the same bolt mounting pattern I do believe from the looks of it.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Close enough to one. You may have to get some new fittings depending on the ports if they are 1/2" or 3/8". even a swap for the pure air to the purest isn't direct and requires a few air fittings and a redrill of the mounting plate or the purchase of the mounting bracket for the purest. The wabco and the purest air dryer share the same bolt mounting pattern I do believe from the looks of it.
When you install yours please do a write up for me with pictures. I'd like to offer an alternative to the factory unit that wont break the bank.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
When you install yours please do a write up for me with pictures. I'd like to offer an alternative to the factory unit that wont break the bank.

will do sir. Yeah me too. One reason I am looking at it is overall cost for future. Since it is the surplus item now and the filters are showing up on the market. There will be a floor for awhile and then on the to next type I am sure.

8madjack

I just did mine and it went pretty easily I just follow the instructions in the pamphlets. I bought the two kits off eBay from two different suppliers and I got a really good price on them.

I wiped off the heat sink compound and I don't have any, it looks like lithium grease to me but I'm sure it's something different.

Mine looked really good inside there was no crud or debris, there was a little moisture which is to be expected but it wasn't corroded looking. I'm thinking the guy before me had serviced it or else they did a really good job on the Depo maintenance. I'm leaning towards the guy before me did a good job.20180629_182431.jpg I didn't take any pictures inside the housing while I was cleaning it the purge valve had a little bit of crud I took some fine steel wool and electrical contact cleaner and buffed it up. Here's a picture of the old Parts just showing that they looked pretty decent but I was happy I did the job.20180629_180937.jpg

TEAMJENSEN

Does anyone know who carries a good reasonable priced replacement for the m923a2 air dryer. Fuzzytoaster no longer sells them. Thank you all very much and Merry Christmas.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TEAMJENSEN

I was under the truck prepping for the air dryer upgrade and saw this...no metal clamps on the wires. Do you know what wire this is and where I can get a replacement. I cant seem to find on tm

TEAMJENSEN

So mine seems to have broken and will not push on or connect. I would like to get a new wire with appropriate connections. I'm thinking it mat be part of ctis

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think it has anything to do with the c t i s most likely simp 5 will know here's a diagram of ctis parts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a app called
( M939 P2P)

It is a very handy tool for researching different electrical and pneumatic issues and parts locations should be able to be downloaded I believe on the site

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks