• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 muffler eliminator pipe ??

Carlo

Is there anyone offering a muffler eliminator pipe for a M923A2?

It would be easy to make if the (before muffler) head pipe and the curve (after the muffler) pipe after the muffler did not have the "bevel or joint".

I searched archives but found nothing. Does anyone sell this?

Thanks Brothers!

Tornadogt

The Band Clamps that attach the muffler on both sides are available. I have to move my exhaust to clear the bed I am adding. I will take photos of the muffler removal and record the straight pipe exhaust sound by next weekend.

Artisan

The Band Clamps that attach the muffler on both sides are available. I have to move my exhaust to clear the bed I am adding. I will take photos of the muffler removal and record the straight pipe exhaust sound by next weekend.

Did you make that recording?
Where did you get the clamps from?
Pics?

TIA!

goldneagle

You could have solved the relocation issue by just using a round muffler like the 18 wheelers use and install the stack on the side of the cab like the 18 wheelers do.

Tornadogt

I received all of my tubing this week and will be working on the pipes this weekend photos and vids as I go..

I went with another air intake piping set and modifying it to be a mirror image of the driver side with out the mushroom cap

Last edited:
I received all of my tubing this week and will be working on the pipes this weekend photos and vids as I go..

I went with another air intake piping set and modifying it to be a mirror image of the driver side with out the mushroom cap
Very nice. I was contemplating doing something similar but I was able to find that 4' length of 4" exhaust pipe laying around.
My current thought, and possibly next attempt will be to run a 5" straight up through the hood if I can figure out a way to cleanly install it with the tilt front hood setup.

Tornadogt

Very nice. I was contemplating doing something similar but I was able to find that 4' length of 4" exhaust pipe laying around.
My current thought, and possibly next attempt will be to run a 5" straight up through the hood if I can figure out a way to cleanly install it with the tilt front hood setup.
The exhaust in front of the cab? Now that would be LOUD..

doolest

thanks tm360...our m923 came with a large hole in the bottom of the muffler...we are too cheap to spend $300
for a new one when it doesn't ever see pavement...if the sound level is about the same then I think this is a good approach for us too...thanks for asking the ? carlo

Tornadogt

thanks tm360...our m923 came with a large hole in the bottom of the muffler...we are too cheap to spend $300
for a new one when it doesn't ever see pavement...if the sound level is about the same then I think this is a good approach for us too...thanks for asking the ? carlo
If you want a Direct Replacement and want to come and get it you can have the one I took off.....

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Jcwhitney used to sell a cheap exhaust bypass valve you would pull the lever it would go wide open on the highway and you could close it and go muffler on city roads
Will

So you used 4 inch O/D tube and 4 foot in lenth?
I used 4" exhaust pipe. It was a leftover cutoff section, I never measured it but I would say it was 4'-5' in length (I don't think it was a full 5' though).

Mine is kind-of a hack job, it was done quick without purchasing anything. I removed the muffler heat shield and muffler. Cut the v-band flare off the exhaust just behind the cab, the 4" exhaust pipe I had slid in the connection and I used a 4" band style butt clamp. I had to cut the muffler mount towards the top and reused the stock hardware and muffler heat shield. I'll take a few more photos this weekend to make it a little clearer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks