• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Pioneer Tool Rack

shadowdd

Pick have been searching for what all is installed in the pioneer tool rack that slides under the bed of a M923A2. Does anyone have pictures do the unit and what all goes on it?

Thanks,
Bryan

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It takes a special shovel just slightly shorter than a commercial one, regular ax, regular pick mattox and handle.

Same rack is used for many years on many trucks.

If you need, I cab take pics of mine on a m923 but I do not have the correct shovel. I just strapped in 2 shorter camper/cat shovels.

shadowdd

This is great.... I am ready to assemble my pioneer tool kit and Juanprado, that would be great if I could get a picture or two on the truck and off.

Thanks,
Bryan

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has been a rainy weekend here in New Orleans, it has actually been a very wet year....

Attached are pictures of the pioneer tool rank mounted where the tm calls for on a m923. Mine came off a m931 tractor that had the mud flap tie down kit. The extra angle iron with the 2 footsman loops is part of that kit. I just reused it as it provided 2 extra straps and loops to hold more stuff. I sometime have a short broom on top of the other tools.

Wrench is on one of the bolts I need to loosen to install the hydraulic filter set up on the inside frame as I am working on installing a winch.....

Attachments

Last edited: