• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a2 shredding serpentine belts

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Make sure your fuel shut off is engaged to prevent starting. Put a socket on the bolts and wedge a breaker bar or a wrench on the bolts between the lower cross frame or the inner frame rail if its long enough . You want to wedge it so when you bump the motor over with the starter it will break the bolts loose. Not the preferred method but it works in a pinch or in the field without removing the radiator.

Otherwise spend the hour or so removing the radiator.

Last edited:

74M35A2

Above will work, but make sure you strap the ratchet or breaker bar to the frame rail first, otherwise it can come off and fly through your radiator. Also make sure you are going the right way (know engine rotation direction). Make sure nobody is standing in line with it. Tell the dog to stay inside on this one if you go this path.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Above will work, but make sure you strap the ratchet or breaker bar to the frame rail first, otherwise it can come off and fly through your radiator. Also make sure you are going the right way (know engine rotation direction). Make sure nobody is standing in line with it. Tell the dog to stay inside on this one if you go this path.
And if it sitting in your driveway just pull the radiator and fix it right.

162tcat

Not by hand but when trying to loosen bolts with breaker bar and socket the whole assembly turns

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Are you sure somebody didn't just install bolts that are way too long and their bottomed out on the crank? If that is the case, the bolts could be extremely tight but not even touching the pulley thus the reason it is loose but the bolts are tight. Probably a RRAD truck....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

74M35A2

From here we have done all we can. Provided same day reaponse of TM pages, advice, and live engine photos. At this point you’ll have to get some skin in the game (possibly literally). Good luck, let us know what you find.

Ecscnvb

Worked on it for a while with no progress. Did something I didn't want to but was so pissed I said f it and did what simp5782 suggested. I was going to do it earlier in the day but I don't normally take the easy way out. I didn't strap wrench or anything, just had it positioned perfectly each time. Needless to say I had balancer completely off in 5 min. Crank is fine, damper pulley just moved inside the rubber part of the assembly. New one with seal will be here tomorrow, baring the weather, for 302+149=$451. Sucks but it's my most important company vehicle and need it to work tomorrow evening so I ordered it from the local cummins dealership. I'm sure I could of gotten cheaper elsewhere but oh well. I'll take pics after dinner and show what the damper looks like for others to compare to. Huge shout out to you all for helping. Couldn't say thank you enough. Nic from va Beach. Anyone ever need anything hit me up. Thanks

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Worked on it for a while with no progress. Did something I didn't want to but was so pissed I said f it and did what simp5782 suggested. I was going to do it earlier in the day but I don't normally take the easy way out. I didn't strap wrench or anything, just had it positioned perfectly each time. Needless to say I had balancer completely off in 5 min. Crank is fine, damper pulley just moved inside the rubber part of the assembly. New one with seal will be here tomorrow, baring the weather, for 302+149=$451. Sucks but it's my most important company vehicle and need it to work tomorrow evening so I ordered it from the local cummins dealership. I'm sure I could of gotten cheaper elsewhere but oh well. I'll take pics after dinner and show what the damper looks like for others to compare to. Huge shout out to you all for helping. Couldn't say thank you enough. Nic from va Beach. Anyone ever need anything hit me up. Thanks

I will be delivering a in 923a2 to va beach in a few weeks. Guy owns active lawn care there. So you will have another truck in the local

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Ecscnvb

I will be delivering a in 923a2 to va beach in a few weeks. Guy owns active lawn care there. So you will have another truck in the local

I've seen that company. What's condition of truck ur delivering

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I've seen that company. What's condition of truck ur delivering

Decent. was a non rebuilt truck. came from an EMA agency in Arkansas. Non running at the moment. Has not ran in over a two years. Another member bought the A2 truck at the same place and it was running in 15mins I have not spent much time on this one to get it running before it gets to it's home.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha, think I was the only one to guess right! Price sucks but glad you didn’t have to pull the radiator.

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Decent. was a non rebuilt truck. came from an EMA agency in Arkansas. Non running at the moment. Has not ran in over a two years. Another member bought the A2 truck at the same place and it was running in 15mins I have not spent much time on this one to get it running before it gets to it's home.
What are the 932a2's going for these days? Not auction but private? Have seen them getting less and less available.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Where would you guys have gotten it and how should it of costed?

Dampner is on ebay for 250. Crankshaft Seal is around $15 in federal mogul.

Ecscnvb

What are the 932a2's going for these days? Not auction but private? Have seen them getting less and less available.
Depends on condition and who u r I geuss. I'm the only one around vb really and everyone knows my truck. Its pretty much flawless though and I daily drive it so people know it is reliable. I've been offered 25000. Yes I turned it down. It started as my biodiesel truck after that I just drove it for two years and now it is my tree companies dump truck. I've done alot to it and have about 20 or so in it. Technically it is my 3 year olds truck and when she turns 16 she is going to paint it pink with nail polish and drive it. I told her it's going to take a lot of nail polish but she loves it more than I do. It's also her jungle gym. She was two and a half in that pic. We r crazy. Just to let u know.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What do u mean by what u said pressed on? Isn't it all one unit and supposed to be pressed together

Two pieces, likely bonded together with a thin layer of rubber, total speculation looking at the pictures and recollection of how other balancers are made. Could maybe pop it apart, clean it up and braze it back together until you can find a cheaper used one?

Ecscnvb

Two pieces, likely bonded together with a thin layer of rubber, total speculation looking at the pictures and recollection of how other balancers are made. Could maybe pop it apart, clean it up and braze it back together until you can find a cheaper used one?
I saw them on a surplus site for 375. I paid 302. What do they normally go for?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks