• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925A2 Delco Style Alternator

Andrmorr

You may want to look for a smaller wattage heater if 1500w gets the cab hot quickly and short cycles.
Since you are idling your truck anyway what about running a coolant line in/out from the engine and just powering a small fan to blow thru a heater core?
Steady low/med heat, would use 24v (no inv), and low drain for batts...Plus you don't have to listen to (or pay for) high idle all night...

The other thought was maybe put overdrive pulleys on the alt so you get hi idle perf at low idle...even at highway speed the engine turns well below alt speed limit so it shouldn't be a problem going down the road...

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Since you are idling your truck anyway what about running a coolant line in/out from the engine and just powering a small fan to blow thru a heater core?
Steady low/med heat, would use 24v (no inv), and low drain for batts...Plus you don't have to listen to (or pay for) high idle all night...

The other thought was maybe put overdrive pulleys on the alt so you get hi idle perf at low idle...even at highway speed the engine turns well below alt speed limit so it shouldn't be a problem going down the road...
You let it just idle and you will have issues with wet stacking. Running em up to 1k to 1300rpms is what you want to do to get some load on the motor

Steelreaper80

For extended idles (overnight) you have to run at high idle or you can wash the cylinder liners and get glazing. You can also get fuel dilution in the oil. High idle puts just enough load on the motor to increase cylinder pressure, more complete combustion, and raise engine temps slightly.

162tcat

It would be used mostly at idle but throttled up to a higher idle via hand cable. 2000 watt inverter running a small 1500 watt space heater over night that runs off and on. I sleep in my truck when I am in the field working and it gets cold in the dead of winter. Heater won't be running full tilt all night, just occasionally to keep me from freezing my begonias off. New truck heater core and blower but at idle, the truck sometimes blows cold air even though it is running.
You could get a webasto type diesel heater and save a ton of fuel by not idling all night. Would fit right under the seats. Knockoffs are cheap and reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchkrat

Can you
Not if they are brushless, which most are. The brushless ones have very low idle output.

Up to you, I have one here if you want, but I think you are better with the one you just received. People tend to get hung up on the total output number, rather than output at idle, and then they get mad their gauge is in the yellow unless they rev the engine up.

We can switch them out if you want to send me the one you just received, and $40 to ship this one to you. They are heavy. They look cool, and do make a lot of power, but not at idle. You will have a voltmeter in the yellow at idle, and probably even the red if using your inverter heavily at idle.
Can you PM me with pricing please

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks