• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925a2 horn/horn solenoid issues!! Air or power supply? Whats the trick??

hokie8358

I just got my first 1993 m925a2 truck about 6 weeks ago. Horn worked fine the first couple times i used it.
After i got it to the house 275 miles later and it sit for 3-5 days,nothing!! Would not make a peep or nothing after pressing horn button. Heard a couple solutions and tried them. Took horn apart at column. Button look great, female plug in column looked great. Checked with a volt meter with switch on and it showed 21.9-22.5 volts. No rust or corrosion. Checked solenoid with test light, nothing on either side of solenoid. I could not get a voltage reading either at solenoid. This has got to be an easy fix or i am over looking something. Plugs on solenoid look fine as well, no corrosion! Dealt with cucv's for so long, stepping up to the big boys now!!

Attachments

74M35A2

Mine was a diode I think on the ground side of the horn under hood. Try that also. Points to WildChild467 for finding and fixing it for me.