• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925a2 horn/horn solenoid issues!! Air or power supply? Whats the trick??

hokie8358

I just got my first 1993 m925a2 truck about 6 weeks ago. Horn worked fine the first couple times i used it.
After i got it to the house 275 miles later and it sit for 3-5 days,nothing!! Would not make a peep or nothing after pressing horn button. Heard a couple solutions and tried them. Took horn apart at column. Button look great, female plug in column looked great. Checked with a volt meter with switch on and it showed 21.9-22.5 volts. No rust or corrosion. Checked solenoid with test light, nothing on either side of solenoid. I could not get a voltage reading either at solenoid. This has got to be an easy fix or i am over looking something. Plugs on solenoid look fine as well, no corrosion! Dealt with cucv's for so long, stepping up to the big boys now!!

Attachments

74M35A2

Mine was a diode I think on the ground side of the horn under hood. Try that also. Points to WildChild467 for finding and fixing it for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks