• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931/32 2 inch receiver hitch

I test fitted it. Gotta move the lights on the m931. Making bolt on brackets so that I can move it between my m925, and m931. There is a bolt on version of this hitch, but I don't like how it mounts between the frame rails, so I'm doing some modifications to this one. On the road right now for work. I'll get back on it when I get home. I'll take some pics of my progress.

ke5eua

Was there ever something of this. A viable solution to add a class IV or V receiver to the 931/32 series truck while still retaining the pintle at all times?

Would like a bolt in solution without having to relocate anything. If I have to drill a few holes I'm fine with that, just don't want to loose the pintle when I have the receiver attached.

ke5eua

I test fitted it. Gotta move the lights on the m931. Making bolt on brackets so that I can move it between my m925, and m931. There is a bolt on version of this hitch, but I don't like how it mounts between the frame rails, so I'm doing some modifications to this one. On the road right now for work. I'll get back on it when I get home. I'll take some pics of my progress.

Did you ever come up with a solution for this hitch for the 931/32? Pics would be awesome.

sstephens637

Is there anything like this available commercially? What would this be called because im all out of search terms to find something like this.

Not sure if you are looking for a quick detatch (QD) and one that is almost unnoticable when not in use type deal, but I made one for my lighweight wrecker over 20 years ago. The drop frame hangs from the pintol hitch then bolt on braces go forward and up to brackets permanently fixed on the frame. When removed, there is almost nothing visible from the rear.

I'm sure it can be scaled up appropriately but the sketch below is an approximation.

View attachment 404910
The diagonal braces naturally need to be very rigid and resistant to compression - hence the tube in the diag.
I am not familiar with the underware on a M931/2, but I'm sure a little ingenuity could be applied and appropriate brackets could be fab'd.

Hopefully this has given food for thought.

Wagoneer

Has anyone found a good solution for a civy hitch setup on the A2 tractors? I am to the point where I am going to need one and I like some of the ideas on here but it has been a while and wanted to know if anything better was out there now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks