• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m931a2 transfer case shifts into low but grinds and kicks out when engaging transmission

ladoublet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Took cover off - appears to maybe have trash in low gear mech. Will drain, pressure wash, replace fluid and see if it will completely seat in low range. Used tie wire to try to clean gears. Got some mess moved.

ladoublet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am the same guy who asked what a combat wheel was. Still trying to dual up rear wheels on m931a2 converted to dump truck. Same truck has low range problem.

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello

Not sure how trash could get into a T-case, maybe just old Army gear goo ?

Things I personally would try before removal and disassembly of said case:

1- drain trash/goo From case and fill with ATF which has detergent in it, and run the truck around and clean the case out, and it will also get lube up into places where either no lube or no decent lube has been in many moons due to atf's lighter weight and ability to fling everywhere and clean like a dishwasher .

(Yes I have actually done this and it was amazingly effective)

2- Remove linkage from case and attempt to manually move shift rod, if that still doesn't work and you bend something, nbd because you're going to tear it apart anyway .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks