• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M932A1 with shorter drop side deuce bed

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have any more pics on where you cut the bed and more importantly the drop sides?
i see its gone from 5 ribs to 4, I see from one of your pics you cut from the ass end....

rrrr

If you look at the very first picture you can see a brown line running down the last 1/3 of the bed. That is where I took the 3 feet out. I used a deuce bed.

rrrr

Well I took the tructor out to another mudfest. Had a great time and ended pulling one of the monster trucks out of one of the bogs. He had a very strong tow strap so I decided to give him a good pull :-D

I took the tension off the strap and nailed the throttle. It was hillarious, the truck came flying out of the bog and everyone around us was running away. I just about crapped my pants I was laughling so hard. Everyone couldn't believe how I pulled the truck out like it was a toy. It was truly fun to see. Just wish I would have gotten some pictures.

Anyway the truck has been doing great. I did have an alternator problem that warranted a change (low voltage output and could not adjust it at all). I decided to go to a civilian type alternator. It ended up costing about $150 less even with the brackets I had to buy from a vendor here on the forum. Works great.

I then had some charging issues where the alternator would go full charge. I changed the protection contol box out for a new one and all is well again.

I'm still looking for a way to add additional transmission cooling without major modifications.

F18hornetM

I have to say, I'm not normally a huge fan of modifying Mvs different than original. I believe to each their own of course ... BUT...Yours is awesome. You made modifications without loosing the look of a MV. It actually looks like it was never modified if you didn't know the difference. Looks like you did real quality work and should be proud of it. I can just imagine your having a blast at the mudfests!!! GOOD WORK!! Thanks for posting the project. Lot of great ideas.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks