• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 Steer Knuckle lube.

bchauvette

I'm in the process of doing a "By the book LO" Lube on the M944. I'm targeting all the GAA (Grease Atomic Awesome) lube points. How much grease am I supposed to pump into the forward and rearward steering knuckle ports. And yes I'm putting the plug back in after lubing..

IMG_1401.jpgadapter bushing.jpg
Stay tuned for @?!$%#@ aua comments on greasing the trans to transfer case U joints.

bchauvette

T to T u joints

Trans to Trnsfr fitting.jpgIMG_1418.jpg

The fittings inside the U joint are at a 45 deg. angle. The space is tool small to get a gun on the fitting. The front one faces forward removed one bolt and a standard grease gun fit , now have a tube injector.

The back fitting is a different story they are facing rearward with no way get a gun on it and no way to spin it around. Didn't want to totally take the U joint totally apart. Ended up breaking the fitting, easy outing the remains, installing a straight fitting then used the tube adapter.

I found out the hard way on using the name of needle adapter, caused an extra trip to NAPA. Ended up with a hypodermic needle with a grease fitting on the end. I can now grease my sore joints.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks