• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 Steer Knuckle lube.

bchauvette

I'm in the process of doing a "By the book LO" Lube on the M944. I'm targeting all the GAA (Grease Atomic Awesome) lube points. How much grease am I supposed to pump into the forward and rearward steering knuckle ports. And yes I'm putting the plug back in after lubing..

IMG_1401.jpgadapter bushing.jpg
Stay tuned for @?!$%#@ aua comments on greasing the trans to transfer case U joints.

bchauvette

T to T u joints

Trans to Trnsfr fitting.jpgIMG_1418.jpg

The fittings inside the U joint are at a 45 deg. angle. The space is tool small to get a gun on the fitting. The front one faces forward removed one bolt and a standard grease gun fit , now have a tube injector.

The back fitting is a different story they are facing rearward with no way get a gun on it and no way to spin it around. Didn't want to totally take the U joint totally apart. Ended up breaking the fitting, easy outing the remains, installing a straight fitting then used the tube adapter.

I found out the hard way on using the name of needle adapter, caused an extra trip to NAPA. Ended up with a hypodermic needle with a grease fitting on the end. I can now grease my sore joints.

Last edited: