• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m939a2 front driver tire leak

tonyosman

Ive noticed that after a few days my driver front tire goes flat. When I turn it off I hear no air leaks. When I start the truck the tire comes up fine. Only that tire goes flat? Brand new Michelin tires. aua

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you say brand new tires,are you saying you just had them mounted?

tonyosman

No they are a year old so I mean there is no cracks in them. Ok I'll try that tomorrow. I was just wondering if it was a common issue or not.

camoyj7

I've found with most of my tire leaks on my A2's was the Wheel o ring. There is two different wheels on the five tons. One has a smaller stud and nut 7/8 or 15/16 the other nut size is I think 1 1/8. On the wheels with the larger nuts (1 1/8) I found flaking rust between the rim half's on the o ring surface. The ten nuts the hold the rim together are locking nuts. Everyone I've done I had to heat each nut red hot to remove them. The wheels with the smaller nut size I've had problems trying to get o ring to seal. Seems like bad design on those.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?115881-M923A2-Slow-air-leak-from-far-rear-wheels

dawico

Hopefully it is just a loose CTIS fitting.

My passenger front goes a little low when it sits too. My rim leaks at the hole for the valve stem. It isn't bad enough for me to tear it apart though.