• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m939a2 front driver tire leak

tonyosman

Ive noticed that after a few days my driver front tire goes flat. When I turn it off I hear no air leaks. When I start the truck the tire comes up fine. Only that tire goes flat? Brand new Michelin tires. aua

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you say brand new tires,are you saying you just had them mounted?

tonyosman

No they are a year old so I mean there is no cracks in them. Ok I'll try that tomorrow. I was just wondering if it was a common issue or not.

camoyj7

I've found with most of my tire leaks on my A2's was the Wheel o ring. There is two different wheels on the five tons. One has a smaller stud and nut 7/8 or 15/16 the other nut size is I think 1 1/8. On the wheels with the larger nuts (1 1/8) I found flaking rust between the rim half's on the o ring surface. The ten nuts the hold the rim together are locking nuts. Everyone I've done I had to heat each nut red hot to remove them. The wheels with the smaller nut size I've had problems trying to get o ring to seal. Seems like bad design on those.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?115881-M923A2-Slow-air-leak-from-far-rear-wheels

dawico

Hopefully it is just a loose CTIS fitting.

My passenger front goes a little low when it sits too. My rim leaks at the hole for the valve stem. It isn't bad enough for me to tear it apart though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks