• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939A2 Red Dot Compressor Mount Kit Group Buy

Reckless

As many know or have found out, to run the Red Dot A/C kits on the A2 trucks you will need a special mount kit. These kits are hard to find unless you go straight to the manufacture. I assume some of you have called and found out that the mount kit alone is $750 (not including shipping) with a 4 week lead time.

I have spoken with them and have gotten the price reduced. The only stipulation is the kits must be purchased at the same time to get the price I was quoted. I MUST have a minimum of 20 committed buyers before I purchase the kits. So far I have 3 committed kits sold so I will only need 17 or more folks to commit.

If you have to talk to your dog, wife, sister, brother, son or daughter before you can commit to buy a kit, DO SO BEFOREHAND! Committing to purchase means you have the funds on hand to PayPal, Cashiers Check, or Money Order the money to me.

The cost of these kits is $500 SHIPPED to your door (CONUS). There is still a 4 week lead time on the kits once the order is placed so don't expect the kit tomorrow.

IN SUMMARY, you are purchasing the M939A2 (8.3 Turbo Cummins) Compressor Mount kit for the Red Dot A/C units.

This kit includes:
-Compressor Mount bracket
-Fan spacer
-Crank pulley spacer
-Crank pulley adapter
-Belt
-Necessary Hardware to install.

PLEASE COMMIT TO THIS THREAD AND PM ME!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406833740.928193.jpg

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you say "Red Dot A/C kits" what exactly do you mean? Any Red Dot kit? Do all the kits have the double pulley compressor? Before I commit to something of that nature I want to verify it'll work with what I have (the HMMWV kit to be specific) and figure most others want to be assured beforehand as well.

Reckless

The Red Dot kits must have a V belt compressor. The Serpentine style compressor will not work with this kit. I myself have 2 HMMWV kits (V Belt) and was told this is the kit needed to mount them.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And just an FYI. This group buy was given the go ahead by the staff. Let's not mess it up. ;-)

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And just an FYI. This group buy was given the go ahead by the staff. Let's not mess it up. ;-)
Oh great. I put my name down and immediatly there is concern that it's going to be messed up. I'm not controlling it, just supporting it. And I SWEAR she said she was 18 (advance apologies to those that don't get my sense of humor - it's a large percentage of the population).

Last edited:

Over

I have a M915 reddot kit in the crate for sale $500 to local SS members. Works great on the M923 and has front vents. All you need is the ac bracket or fab one out of the M915 bracket. That's all it will take to get on an A0, for the A2 you'll have to do the bracket and fab a dual pulley on the serpentine pulley.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks