• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M971 trailer recovery from Nashville TN

jdknech

I am going to be doing a camper/command center build.. should i start a new thread for this, or just add it to this, and have it moved to the trailer section? thanks..

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
It was VERY slow! I was all the way down to 30mph on some hills going down the interstate... i see a turbo in the near future..
Don't feel bad....my M915 didn't do a lot better......those are heavy bastages to pull.
Too bad you're not closer.....that beast would look good next to my van at the GA Rally.

jdknech

nice! how long is that trailer? and what tires you running on your 5 ton? congrats on the trailer!
It is 40' over all, but the inside is only 37' usable... and the 5ton has stock 14.00/20 goodyears.. i cant wait to get it finished, but i had to remove it last night from my house, because the town i live in was going to inpound it.. (long story) but as soon as it geets a title, and tags, it's GAME ON!! I have already gutted most of the inside, just need to get the electric boxes removed..

jdknech

I am also wanting one of these trailers. Would it possible for someone who has one to take some pictures of the rear suspension/ axles? If someone could measure the diameter of the axle tube, that would be great too.
I will try to get some pics for you in the next couple days.. I do know the axles are round tube rockwells with 6 lugs, with airbags.. i think they are 4" tubes on the axles..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks