• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M977 HEMTT Acquisition

HASSON1911

I've used my Jake a few times on the descents over the winding mountain passes between Cleveland, VA and Lebanon, VA. First truck I've driven with one, and man is it nice compared to riding the brakes. If I have one complaint about the HEMTT its that the air tanks very quickly drain with repetitive use of the braking system!
And I can see it very useful there, but with the rolling...ditches? I guess haha. no real need for a jake here lol.

jjb

dk8019 - I didn't notice the air system draining any faster than my 5 ton did. With air brakes you can't pump them else you will drain the air very fast.

HASSON1911 - I took mine to a show in PA last weekend and I would of liked the jake for some of the steeper grades. I smelled the brakes getting hot a few times.
All of the wiring on mine is intact and the jake was hooked up on the old motor so I assume it worked. Even the crane remote is working.

Its good to see a few more people getting HEMTT's so we can hopefully help each other out in the future.

HASSON1911

dk8019 - I didn't notice the air system draining any faster than my 5 ton did. With air brakes you can't pump them else you will drain the air very fast.

HASSON1911 - I took mine to a show in PA last weekend and I would of liked the jake for some of the steeper grades. I smelled the brakes getting hot a few times.
All of the wiring on mine is intact and the jake was hooked up on the old motor so I assume it worked. Even the crane remote is working.

Its good to see a few more people getting HEMTT's so we can hopefully help each other out in the future.
I know I like that more guys are getting these to work together Ive had a couple problems i needed the books that any owner could had solved in 2 seconds, but I got enormous help from stalwart with filter numbers when even Oshkosh them self couldnt help...or wouldnt.

jjb

I know I like that more guys are getting these to work together Ive had a couple problems i needed the books that any owner could had solved in 2 seconds, but I got enormous help from stalwart with filter numbers when even Oshkosh them self couldnt help...or wouldnt.
I have all of the manuals in PDF and hard copy. They are essential to any Military vehicle owner.

When my crane was stuck all setup I had no idea where the problem was or where to start. After 20 minutes reading the troubleshooting steps in the manual I was able to figure out where to start and another 20 min later had the problem found and bypassed.

For filters I looked in the 24P tm and Google searched for the part numbers. I was able to find all of the ones I was looking for.

jjb

I actually picked up a case of 6 detroit oil filters 23518531 if anyone needs any. Not sure what they are worth. I only need 2 or 3.

HASSON1911

Week 3 after fixing hemtt value stems they are all holding strong pulled the m925 up for some late night pmcs and a good little run to stretch her legs, she's up for a date on the classifieds boys!!! uploadfromtaptalk1443225870376.jpg

dk8019

How did you get to the front valve stems? I have replacements for all 8 wheels, but last time I looked, I couldn't figure out how in the world one gets to them without removing a wheel!

HASSON1911

How did you get to the front valve stems? I have replacements for all 8 wheels, but last time I looked, I couldn't figure out how in the world one gets to them without removing a wheel!
Carefully and painstakingly haha, needle nose pliers on the union(threaded piece) while using off hand to turn the stem, once you hit the wheel reset and do it again haha, verify it's sealed by spraying with high concentrate soap water.

Also where did you get replacement of the angle pieces my spare and one other tire didn't have one and would love to get them all with them.

ken326@yahoo.com

I'm looking to buy one. I missed a couple today can anyone give me there phone. Umber that owns one. Just so I can find out what to look for and what to expect. I'm looking for one with crane in the back?
thanks
Ken

HASSON1911

Well it was a drizzly day today, so I changed oil and fuel filters with my dad

Primary fuel- car quest 86792
Oil canister - car quest 85133

Now to get another weekend off I don't work and tackle the tranny and hydraulic filters, still need the oring for the hydraulic canister filter.

Stalwart

I'm looking to buy one. I missed a couple today can anyone give me there phone. Umber that owns one. Just so I can find out what to look for and what to expect. I'm looking for one with crane in the back?
thanks
Ken
I suppose, I've had one quite a while and know it pretty well now: four two 5 - 516 - eight one 68 Stuart

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks