• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 newbie looking for advice

ari

I second that, I sold the cargo cover, doors, soft top, tailgate and fabricated my own wagon style hardtop and rear to enclose everything.
Making it yourself is a lot of work, fun but a lot of work and extremely cheaper than buying something.
I made my extended hardtop for about 600 bucks. That included C pillar, D Pillar, rear door, side door, enclosing everything.
sounds cool post up a pic

DLJIII

20170729_192656.jpg
Here is the rear door. There is another smaller door on the passenger side above the wheel well.
Yes, the exhaust extension I fabricated uses the original tail pipe, extended it out of the body and wheel well.
Then up and away from the vehicle. If the tire compressed the shocks to that point it would not touch the pipe and probably break my half shafts.
I am gentle with my rig, work and pleasure rides only.

NormB

I have a Plan B rig. The top and rear are nice. The doors are decent but yes the window design is not optimal. They're integrated into the door, so it would take some serious modification to swap them for something else. They don't open very far and thus air flow inside the truck is poor even with the rear open.View attachment 691592View attachment 691593View attachment 691594View attachment 691595View attachment 691596View attachment 691597View attachment 691598
Hey, thanks for your honest assessment of those windows. I've had a set of those doors earmarked/saved on ePay for some time but wasn't comfortable with the window design. Back to looking for a good/used set of X-doors I won't have to sell plasma to afford.

Fans. Fans are good. 8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks