• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 Weird Starting Issue

sbob4579

Hi, I recently got a 1992 m998 HMMWV and when I start it, the battery voltage meter fluctuates steadily for the first 2 minutes. Could someone help me with this issue. Thanks!

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perfectly normal as the glow plug controller continues to heat the GP's. I think only the S3 box stops this, but again, its normal.

jeffy777

What Lionel said... I think it is called 'Afterglow' I find it is a good warm-up procedure not to move until after the truck is finished doing this process. You could get a s3 controller and I believe that has no after glow.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I do the same with my '94, its the warm up period, unless its really cold out, then I wait till the temp needle starts to move. I wouldn't change it out unless you start to have problems sbob4579. Just my opinion, but why fix what isn't broken.

DLJIII

Mine does the same thing, I was afraid my batteries were weak or the alternator was acting up.
I dug around here and finally found the same answer but, I am glad you asked just as reinforcement for my peace of mind.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks