• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maine Rally 2012

Katahdin

I was wondering if there are any food or dinner plans we should be aware of, ie bring your own Gulf War 1 MREs or something....... (just kidding) I guess this location does have the advantage of having restaurants just down the road towards Brewer if we choose to take advantage of them, but if the plan includes outdoor grillin or something I'd like to come prepared.

Danl

Danl M915A1

Oh yea Wife and I allway come Loaded for bear one night sleep over will have half the house with us , She will have cook out stuff as well as resteraunt , more close than she will use in a week, I tell her all the time we will be back in a day I won't be able to see out back of window in the jeep, she will even have stuff for the lab dog, My lab can take care of her self she goes to work with me every day, she dose ok around cookouts,

Towerguy1

As usual Be prepaired for a rustic type stay. (Dont want to impose to heavily on the store) but proper rest rooms will be available during store hours. after hours we fend for ourselves. I will bring an EZ-up type tent incase of a shower and a portable gas grill for cooking. Bring your own food, I usually collect some donations for Sunday AM breakfast, but we can work that out as lots of options are close buy. There is some clearing in the woods to set up tents.

Danl

Danl M915A1

Jest read towerguy last post wife calling bangor to see what she can see, joannie is spoiled ,we had a 28 foot trailer now she not staying in a tent, she has family up there. We are going to stay there i think I'll no more when she gets off the phone, But the MV bug is mine she dosen't have it, Must be a guy thing because my sons are starting to faver this stuff, My 21 year old asked did you know the army farm tractor with the rear tires loaded can ride a wheelly?' I gest he poped the clutch Jake said he hung on for what ever he was worth. I always miss the dambest things:jumpin:

chevyCUCV

Is there going to be any off roading at this rally? Or is it more of a show?

Any one from ma or nh attending? Be nice to follow/convoy with someone:driver:

Towerguy1

Its more of a show, I had plans for a small off road course, but divorce and moving changed that. This year Im trying something different, we will see how it goes, and plan from there.

there should be a coupl from southern Maine to convoy with.

Katahdin

I topped off my fuel tank with some home-filtered fuel yesterday. I'll fill a couple jerry cans tomorrow to take along for the return trip. I'm excited to see what kind of mileage I get, come on high single digits!

My offer to convoy up or provide layovers in Scarborough still stands. I suggest taking the Maine Turnpike up because 295 through Portland is a mess. My cruising speed on flat ground should be just under 55mph... I can go slower if need be. :smile:

Last edited:

Katahdin

Hmm....thanks for letting me know about the studs, I don't remember seeing those with the box of odds and ends. Looks like I can get the studs at Tractor Supply or Ace Hardware. George at White Owl set me up with gaskets and seals awhile back, I hope to change out the seals on the PTO tomorrow. I have the fluids and pump and will punch out the floor tomorrow for the lever. If you think of anything else let me know!

chevyCUCV

Looks like i am OUT for this weekend:-(, the 500 miles of driving is a lot!
I will put my time towards making money instead, but i think its time i make a money stash for rallies.
Have a great time everyone

Katahdin

Did you find any? If not let me know and I'll look around I have a set some where.
I got them, NAPA set me up. The six studs, lock washers, nuts, and a roll of safety wire for $9.00 even. I go to NAPA so often I get the "Heavy Truck Customer Discount" LOL!

I've removed the seals and cleaned up the PTO parts, removing the flange seal was a miserable experience I don't care to repeat. If I don't get it all back together after the paint dries I'll bring the parts with me up to the rally.

Danl

Danl M915A1

Did you go to napa in westbrook? see brain over there? He is out going I like dealing with that young man,

Katahdin

@Danl, I pretty go to the NAPA on Payne Rd by Sams Club for everything. If a part is in Westbrook I can have it sent over to Scarborough on NAPA's website, its just more convenient.

My wife pretty much isn't speaking to me, she thought I was taking a break from military vehicle stuff after Memorial Day...I'm pretty sure she won't be coming or cooking something for me to bring, LOL... I'll pick up some grub for Saturday night's dinner from "The Meat House" over by the NAPA. If anybody wants anything from there let me know.

My plan is to leave 0800ish Saturday morning and roll into Holden just before noon, I'll try to post an update on my progress from the West Gardiner Service Station.

Danl

Danl M915A1

i hope you can fix it with the wife I;v been at it for 30 years It dise get good again after the kidds leave, but mine leave and come back, I do stand a better chance of going up there alone If my sons have nothing cooking for me this weekend, Joannie will tell me Tomorrw if WE are going

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks