• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maintenance weekend (Spin Ons etc)

frodobaggins

Stick hex nipple in adapter, and hold nut at the top while you spin the adapter on. Get it as snug as you can by hand, because you have to fight again very soon.

Attachments

frodobaggins

Ok, you need to tighten that nut on top of the filter base. You must fight with the alternator again. You cannot lose, failure is not an option. Once you win, take a break, you'll need it.

Attachments

frodobaggins

Ok, first things first, I have a non working lift pump, so probably going to need some ether. After learning my lesson with the heater, I removed the air box first so I could get some in there.

Attachments

frodobaggins

Now, loosen the top nut on the filters. Then unscrew the rear filter first. Spill a little fuel, but congratulate yourself because you did well this time, only half a gallon on the OSSK !
Then repeat for the front filter.

Crawl under truck to see if the gaskets came out, because I couldn't feel it, and I love pea gravel on concrete in my knees. See that one gasket came out, the other is still there.

Compress gasket with screwdriver, which will make it bulge. Pull it off, then clean the area.

Attachments

frodobaggins

Put in small o-ring around the center of the filter base, and the new gasket around the edge. They should stay there. Put the hex nipple in the adapter and screw it on. Do the other one.
Be insanely happy that since the heater is now moved, you can get the torque wrench in there and tighten both to about 30 ft/lbs.

Attachments

frodobaggins

Ok, now remember, I have no lift pump, so truck may not start. Try to start it anyway.
It does not start.
Curse, even though you KNEW this would happen.

Attachments

frodobaggins

Bring on the ether !

Since you are by yourself, this is how this part goes:

First, squirt a bit in the intake, climb in truck, lean over seat, press start.
Truck starts, truck dies.
Climb out.

Repeat 4 more times.
Get a tad angry, take a sec to contemplate wiring up an additional start button by air cleaner housing.

Calm down, try this one more time. Truck starts, Truck stays running.

Attachments

bassetdeuce

Excellent write up! :cool:
I have a non functional heater as well. How hard was the heater to remove? I think my heater is in the way of me reaching that pesky leaky oil line which goes from the side of the block to the bottom of the injector pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks