• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maintenance weekend (Spin Ons etc)

frodobaggins

Excellent write up! :cool:
I have a non functional heater as well. How hard was the heater to remove? I think my heater is in the way of me reaching that pesky leaky oil line which goes from the side of the block to the bottom of the injector pump.

Pretty easy.

Close off petcocks on hoses, remove clamps, remove hoses.
Undo tie down for hoses on engine top.
Unplug heater electrical.
Loosen clamp at firewall, remove hose.
Take bolts off of heater bottom.
Pull heater off.
Clean up antifreeze that spills.
Admire work.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice!...a couple of notes, the primary stock fuel filter/water separator is 40 microns, the 33405 is 12 microns and never inject ether unless the engine cranking....takes two people or an ether injection kit.

AaronW

a sin?

I was able to put the spin on oil filters on my truck with the heater installed with no problems.
Me also. I used a 1/2" drive 10" extension to get above the heater. I don't think it affected the torque value enough to make a difference.

....standing by for a flaming

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, it is a Mercedes Benz floor mat that I picked up when I worked at a Benz dealership for a while.:-D.
BC
And here I thought I was fancy cuz I blew all of the dirt out before I took the wife for ice cream. Some guys are just over the top!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AaronW said:
Me also. I used a 1/2" drive 10" extension to get above the heater. I don't think it affected the torque value enough to make a difference.

....standing by for a flaming
Actually, the instructions that came with my Armstrong torque wrenches state that straight extensions do not affect the torque setting.

Great instruction list frodo!!! What's wrong with your heater?? I would like to come across a heater from one of you southern boys that doesn't need it. Up here in Ohio it gets pretty chilly in the winter and a heater in the truck (once I actually make the recovery) would be nice to have, since mine doesn't have one.

frodobaggins

Actually, the instructions that came with my Armstrong torque wrenches state that straight extensions do not affect the torque setting.

Great instruction list frodo!!! What's wrong with your heater?? I would like to come across a heater from one of you southern boys that doesn't need it. Up here in Ohio it gets pretty chilly in the winter and a heater in the truck (once I actually make the recovery) would be nice to have, since mine doesn't have one.
The motor is locked up. I'm hoping it's just stuck from non use/sitting and the brushes aren't fused to the armature or anything. Maybe I can get it running.

I'm a wimp, so I need my heater too, I will drive the deuce plenty in the winter and I want to be nice and toasty ! :)

littlebob

The motor is locked up. I'm hoping it's just stuck from non use/sitting and the brushes aren't fused to the armature or anything. Maybe I can get it running.

I'm a wimp, so I need my heater too, I will drive the deuce plenty in the winter and I want to be nice and toasty ! :)
Hope its not the motor flush! I did it to my axles and plan on changing the oil after I get mine on the road. Keep us posted!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks