• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Major air leak at Fan shutter-stat

todds112

So I just ordered some 3mm x 12mm and 3mm x 13mm O-rings from Mcmaster-Carr. Of course you have to order 10 each minimum. What the heck, I'll just throw another $20 at it. By the time I figure it out (if I do) I could have just bought a new actuator for $245.:roll:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I had a air leak that started on my M929.
Has anyone came up with some good o-ring sizes that works for the valve?
I have read lots of post and it looks like a lot of people have not had good luck replacing the o-rings.

Attachments

todds112

Well I had a air leak that started on my M929.
Has anyone came up with some good o-ring sizes that works for the valve?
I have read lots of post and it looks like a lot of people have not had good luck replacing the o-rings.
Still waiting. Haven't gotten the Metric O-Rings yet to try. Evans and Comfort Air are still researching it. I did just bite the bullet and buy a replacement actuator through Oshcosh Equipment...ouch. Figure I'll still try to fix the old one for a spare.

todds112

Guarded success!! It doesn't leak now. Truck never got warm enough to engage it, so I don't know if that parts works yet.

Again it's 12x3mm O ring from McMAster-Carr 9263K126

Last edited:

Alexsha

Guarded success!! It doesn't leak now. Truck never got warm enough to engage it, so I don't know if that parts works yet.

Again it's 12x3mm O ring from McMAster-Carr 926kK126
Not a valid part #. It should start with 9262K. 9262K266 (Buna-N) is for a 3mm O-ring with 12mm ID. Is that the one? Or maybe 9263K126 (Viton® Fluoroelastomer)?

Last edited:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tbar, If your asking what type of tool to use, you'll need a O ring pick or modified dental pick. That O ring gets brittle with age and you better have a spare because it may crack/break.

tbar123

Tbar, If your asking what type of tool to use, you'll need a O ring pick or modified dental pick. That O ring gets brittle with age and you better have a spare because it may crack/break.
Scar, Not exactly. Inside of the larger end is a tiny o-ring. I was asking if there is a way to remove the cap and replace it. After looking at it closer (magnifier) It appears to be crimped on. SO no removal.But appreciate it anyway.

Strouty

Well, I have tried 4 times to get the thing working. Did you guys that ordered the seals from Mcmaster have good luck? I am going to start looking for a new one. It is frustrating, especially when you have a trailer hooked up, you have to leave it running or the air is gone.

goober

I just found a great source for the Shutter Stat for the M923, and other models that use the NHC250. Only $82. They said that they try to keep a few of these on the shelf. They were out when I called but said that they were going to make some new ones. Took a few weeks and finally received it. Looks great. I had rebuilt my old one with new o-rings but am keeping this new one as a spare.

www.rossairworks.com out of Elizabeth, NJ.

Part number is 1047-35000-29. It is a 185 degree shutter stat.

Note that I have not tried this in my M923 yet. I got this part number from someone on another forum.

Shutter Stat from Rossairworks.com.jpg

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just found a great source for the Shutter Stat for the M923, and other models that use the NHC250. Only $82. They said that they try to keep a few of these on the shelf. They were out when I called but said that they were going to make some new ones. Took a few weeks and finally received it. Looks great. I had rebuilt my old one with new o-rings but am keeping this new one as a spare.

http://store.rossairworks.com/default.aspx?page=Item Search Results
Thanks for the info! Could you share the part number as the the shopping cart results are coming back to a generic page?

sweetk30

Part number is 1047-35000-29. It is a 185 degree shutter stat.

Note that I have not tried this in my M923 yet. I got this part number from someone on another forum.

View attachment 566995
bump this old thread . . . anyone use this unit yet ?

the truck at work overheated the other day when using the crane unit . the fan was not on on the running engine.

I have a male/male 6jic fitting on order to test it .

but if it needs a new switch this looks the best .

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
bump this old thread . . . anyone use this unit yet ?

the truck at work overheated the other day when using the crane unit . the fan was not on on the running engine.

I have a male/male 6jic fitting on order to test it .

but if it needs a new switch this looks the best .
It's a good unit. I've been running one on my truck for about a year now as a test. A few extra fittings will be required to install it.

I'm still partial to the Evans unit though, although I have several spares of both.

74M35A2

We need a "Thread from the dead" emoji, maybe a tombstone that says "Thread" on it. In this case, this one makes sense though.

If you run a 180 stat, and 185 fan switch, isn't your fan going to be on nearly all the time? That is not enough hysteresis.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks