• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Major air leak at Fan shutter-stat

todds112

So I just ordered some 3mm x 12mm and 3mm x 13mm O-rings from Mcmaster-Carr. Of course you have to order 10 each minimum. What the heck, I'll just throw another $20 at it. By the time I figure it out (if I do) I could have just bought a new actuator for $245.:roll:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I had a air leak that started on my M929.
Has anyone came up with some good o-ring sizes that works for the valve?
I have read lots of post and it looks like a lot of people have not had good luck replacing the o-rings.

Attachments

todds112

Well I had a air leak that started on my M929.
Has anyone came up with some good o-ring sizes that works for the valve?
I have read lots of post and it looks like a lot of people have not had good luck replacing the o-rings.
Still waiting. Haven't gotten the Metric O-Rings yet to try. Evans and Comfort Air are still researching it. I did just bite the bullet and buy a replacement actuator through Oshcosh Equipment...ouch. Figure I'll still try to fix the old one for a spare.

todds112

Guarded success!! It doesn't leak now. Truck never got warm enough to engage it, so I don't know if that parts works yet.

Again it's 12x3mm O ring from McMAster-Carr 9263K126

Last edited:

Alexsha

Guarded success!! It doesn't leak now. Truck never got warm enough to engage it, so I don't know if that parts works yet.

Again it's 12x3mm O ring from McMAster-Carr 926kK126
Not a valid part #. It should start with 9262K. 9262K266 (Buna-N) is for a 3mm O-ring with 12mm ID. Is that the one? Or maybe 9263K126 (Viton® Fluoroelastomer)?

Last edited:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tbar, If your asking what type of tool to use, you'll need a O ring pick or modified dental pick. That O ring gets brittle with age and you better have a spare because it may crack/break.

tbar123

Tbar, If your asking what type of tool to use, you'll need a O ring pick or modified dental pick. That O ring gets brittle with age and you better have a spare because it may crack/break.
Scar, Not exactly. Inside of the larger end is a tiny o-ring. I was asking if there is a way to remove the cap and replace it. After looking at it closer (magnifier) It appears to be crimped on. SO no removal.But appreciate it anyway.

Strouty

Well, I have tried 4 times to get the thing working. Did you guys that ordered the seals from Mcmaster have good luck? I am going to start looking for a new one. It is frustrating, especially when you have a trailer hooked up, you have to leave it running or the air is gone.

goober

I just found a great source for the Shutter Stat for the M923, and other models that use the NHC250. Only $82. They said that they try to keep a few of these on the shelf. They were out when I called but said that they were going to make some new ones. Took a few weeks and finally received it. Looks great. I had rebuilt my old one with new o-rings but am keeping this new one as a spare.

www.rossairworks.com out of Elizabeth, NJ.

Part number is 1047-35000-29. It is a 185 degree shutter stat.

Note that I have not tried this in my M923 yet. I got this part number from someone on another forum.

Shutter Stat from Rossairworks.com.jpg

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just found a great source for the Shutter Stat for the M923, and other models that use the NHC250. Only $82. They said that they try to keep a few of these on the shelf. They were out when I called but said that they were going to make some new ones. Took a few weeks and finally received it. Looks great. I had rebuilt my old one with new o-rings but am keeping this new one as a spare.

http://store.rossairworks.com/default.aspx?page=Item Search Results
Thanks for the info! Could you share the part number as the the shopping cart results are coming back to a generic page?

sweetk30

Part number is 1047-35000-29. It is a 185 degree shutter stat.

Note that I have not tried this in my M923 yet. I got this part number from someone on another forum.

View attachment 566995
bump this old thread . . . anyone use this unit yet ?

the truck at work overheated the other day when using the crane unit . the fan was not on on the running engine.

I have a male/male 6jic fitting on order to test it .

but if it needs a new switch this looks the best .

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
bump this old thread . . . anyone use this unit yet ?

the truck at work overheated the other day when using the crane unit . the fan was not on on the running engine.

I have a male/male 6jic fitting on order to test it .

but if it needs a new switch this looks the best .
It's a good unit. I've been running one on my truck for about a year now as a test. A few extra fittings will be required to install it.

I'm still partial to the Evans unit though, although I have several spares of both.

74M35A2

We need a "Thread from the dead" emoji, maybe a tombstone that says "Thread" on it. In this case, this one makes sense though.

If you run a 180 stat, and 185 fan switch, isn't your fan going to be on nearly all the time? That is not enough hysteresis.