• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Making oil!

pigpen60

I'm really hoping someday someone asks me how to change an electrode in a crystal puller! This is my first encounter with the m35a2 engine/fuel system so its a learning experience. I replaced the "blue line" and the return line and she finally fired and ran. Now I need to drain the oil and start over.

rustystud

I'm really hoping someday someone asks me how to change an electrode in a crystal puller! This is my first encounter with the m35a2 engine/fuel system so its a learning experience. I replaced the "blue line" and the return line and she finally fired and ran. Now I need to drain the oil and start over.
OK, what is a "crystal puller" ? Or were you being funny ?

pigpen60

A crystal puller is what we grew the silicon rods in that became your computer chips. The electrodes were made of stainless and had water running through them to keep them from melting. You melted silicon chunks in a quartz crucible under vacuum and grew the rod onto a "seed" of silicon. The rods we grew were? 4,5,6,8 and 12". I worked at MEMC for 20 something years before it became Sun Edison. Frank I looked at your link and it didnt come up.crystal puller.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks