• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

making small batches of custom parts

rivired

JEsus,U got some great ideas...those steps are gnarly. i know for a fact ull sell tons of alternator and ac brackets..i want some right now..,hope everything starts turning out!

jesusgatos

Thanks. That deal with the hubsteps just fell-through, and I'm in the middle of a big move (into my M109 motorhome) right now, but I'm planning on making/selling a small batch of them myself as soon as I get through this ****storm. Too much going on. Avenge makes 12 & 24V alternator brackets. That's probably what I'm going to use on my truck. Looks like a really nice setup. AC mounts are in-the-works. No idea what compressor or configuration though.

jesusgatos

OK. Who wants a set of hubsteps? I can sell them to SS members for $150/pr. unpainted, but including shipping to anywhere in the lower 48 - if we can get at least 25 sets pre-sold (but I won't take payment until they're ready to ship). That's about a cheap as I can make/sell these things, but at that price I can donate $5 to SS for every pair sold through this site.

Attachments

Last edited:

jesusgatos

That's kind of a neat idea! I guess it would accomplish the same thing as locking hubs, but would allow the driver to engage/disengage without having to get out of the truck. Only downsides I can see would be that you'd have to shorten the driveshaft (in between the two back axles) and you would only be able to disconnect the rearmost axle. I seem to remember reading that most people suggest if you're only going to have one driven rear axle, to disconnect the middle axle. Am I right about that?

rwoods

I don't know, but someone on this site does. I sure that someone also knows how much, if any, the space between the flanges can be shortened before you need to shorten the drive shaft.

The seller of the device pictured has advised that the torque of a deuce would be too great for the size of the input shaft upon which this product is based.

jesusgatos

I'm finally getting around to having the new hubsteps manufactured. Should have more info about availability and pricing soon. In the meantime, I've got three pairs of the old hubsteps that I thought I'd post for sale here, at a discount. These are all brand-new, and were only installed on Mah Deuce so I could take the pictures that I posted here. They just need to be painted (I only rattle-canned them for the pics). Offering these at $100/pr, including shipping to anywhere in the lower 48.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
............................ most people suggest if you're only going to have one driven rear axle, to disconnect the middle axle. Am I right about that?
That's correct.
And you would probably suggest the same after only a short test drive with that driveshaft removed.

G.

jesusgatos

Hi wilco. Honestly, haven't given the suspension much thought yet. But in the rear, I'm definitely going to incorporate the axle chain-up brackets that I've been talking about into the shock mounts. Up front, it'll probably be something pretty straightforward, but I'll have to cycle the suspension to figure out the geometry. This is all probably at least a year out. My to-do list is getting awfully long...

Brentzilla

I always like reading your posts, I learn something new everytime. Id be interested in other parts that you make, I just dont really know what I need besides some spotlight mounts. Ill try and keep my eye open for your projects, make sure you put out a big post when you start looking for other buyers 8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks