• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

March 2009, SC gathering?

Blythewoodjoe

I was thinking the other day, with fuel prices getting so high it might be worthwhile to invite people to more local get togethers in the future. I was also riding around on my families 45 acre wooded property and thought about has nice the weather can be this time of the year and how the woods are not full of ticks and snakes.

I therefore thought it would be nice to invite anybody that would like to come, to come down and ride, eat and BS (brag shamelessly) about their vehicles. The key word would be "invite". People would be my guest. My wife even thought that would be nice.

Trips to places like Aberdeen will, at least for me, be attended with a more fuel efficient vehicle in the future. If I drive the deuce this year it will probably be the last for a while. I think more local gathering will be a good place to meet and show off our trucks. So if any body has any input let me know and I will start planning for next year.

DISCLAIMER: I don't know of anything near here in March so if there is already something going on, point it out. I know about Florida in February and Virginia in April. I also don't want any one to feel there is too much to do and you have to pick what to attend. There are plenty of us out there and I am not trying to make some other activity suffer.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I would definitely come out there and I'd bring my truck!! Let me know a date and I will be there.

MDSA

SC gathering

I think it's a great idea. Count my sons and me in. Easter's not 'till April next year so the whole month of March should be open.

jwaller

RE: SC gathering

I'm in. lemme know when you do it.

also I still need ya to do some digging for me when your out my way and have the time.

Blythewoodjoe

RE: sc event

Well unless I am flat broke next year I think I will organize a little get together. As for my feeling it would be at the end of this year before I would pick a date in March. No need to put too much planning into something like this with all the other stuff going on around the south. The CelebrateFreedomFoundation has started having their big annual event in the spring but it was may last year and I don't see anything being planned for this year yet. If anybody has any thoughts we can all start to talking about it around Christmas and then make a date.

Did I mention I live across the road from the Deuce hating transvestite?

Joe Trapp

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joe,
if we get too big to hold it at your place, I just bought a nice spot outside Ridgeway, 10min from I-77. It has a mile of trails, not all big enough for a deuce though. But a 10acre open field to have a gathering in. And 62 acres to explore. Just a thought.

But pissing off your deuce hating transvestite would be fun too... :twisted:

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a bit fur for me to make it but I'd sure like to be there for the convoy by the pre/post ops house, would be worth it.

Blythewoodjoe

Recovry4x4 said:
I'd sure like to be there for the convoy by the pre/post ops house, would be worth it.
Well that sounds like a request for some photos and maybe a video. I rode past shim the other day in the BOB with my employee in the passengers seat and we got quite the glair. I told my man we just had to take the new M35 whister out and let him video the whole experiance. Got to catch him on a day when it's warm and he's got the top loaded (D cups I swear) and the speed-o briefs on (why isn't there a baffing emoticon available?)

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ok Bwood joe I have no SC map Where is Blythewood? Maybe by then my Deuce will be more trust worthy. I`m almost in VA and thats a pretty good haul.

Neil

rgregj

SC gathering

I'll try to make it. March is usually our busy time. Plus, I owe you at least a couple of steaks for those tires you gave me a while back. Neil, Blythwood in near Columbia (middle of state). You could always make a pit stop in Spartanburg on the way and shoot some bull.

Greg

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Greg Seems to me I spent 8 very long weeks at Ft J back in 1970. Keep us posted I`m pretty sure there would be a good showing. I`ll even bring my bunl house on wheels . Works very well. on Cape Lookout. This was in Nov 07

Neil

Attachments

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SC gathering

Joe,

Can I bring my M109A3 and trailer? They're at the hanger right now, but might need to move back to Lexington soon. Don't know if the S-280 will be ready to be pulled by then, but I could be wrong.

Mike

Blythewoodjoe

RE: SC gathering

Hey, I just noticed some activity on this thread. If we pull it off anything is welcome. Hopefully we will all still have jobs and can buys some fuel next year. Blythewood is a small town about 15 miles north of Columbia and I-77 runs right threw it. I live a few miles off exit 27 and Ridgeway is a few miles further north.

Thanks guys,
Joe Trapp