• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MD/PA SS gathering at Appels compound

jaxsof

Wish I could have make it, Little car is a little sick, as is the family. Princess Fi still waiting for tags. I know, I have a lot of lame excuses. John, in your parts stash would you happen to have a spare drivers seat?

Glad it was a good time and hope all get home safely. These beautiful days, like snow, bring all the idiots out in their cars.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I just came in,awesome gathering.Thanks to everyone for cleaning up there mess.I met a lot of new people,everyone was respectful of my place.I THINK THERE IS ENOUGH BRASS AND LEAD for me to retire.8 hrs of eating,shooting,drinking,and trucks.OLDCHEV4x4 cooked up some awesome wings,dudleys kicka$$ chili,and Redheadhottie made good jambalaya.You guys and gals can come back anytime.I think a fall shindig sounds good.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
If you did not go, you missed it. Great day and even better hospitality from John and his family. Plenty of MV's, lots of food and firepower. John set up a range forus and it was put to good use. There was non-stop shooting for the entire 8 hours I was there. Pleanty of full autos, semi's, handguns, assault weapons AK's and AR's, and even a skeet shooting with shotguns and 2 Judge 410 pistols. That is Sheriff John in the first pic. I just want to thank John for doing this. Also, to Chris who founded this site. I would have nevr met most of these people without this site. it has also provided my sons and I another hobby to do as a family, and we do it with very good people.

Attachments

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
More pics. more fun...I say we name this the "1st Annual Appel Compound Winter Thaw MV Meet and Machine Gun Shoot".

Attachments

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
We had a lot of kids and women shooting. Ian had the belt fed 1919 and PaFarmer had an extensive collection of exotics. My sons set up a skeet shoot. Sundance it was nice meeting you and great watching your boy have a ball shooting. Plenty of women shot the 50 sniper rifle, multiple times. I had the pleasure of teaching a young girl handgun safety and how to shoot. She started off with a compensated 357 mag and stayed on the firing line the entire day shooting or helped throwing clays. Days like today a kid will never forget. They learn gun safety, get to shoot, meet adults who are responsible and like a good time. they may even get a chance to shoot a full auto or go riding in an MV. Thanks again to John and his family for all of the fun we had..

OLDCHEV4X4

Thanks John for the hospitality and the tail light's too. Awesome deer jerky. Thanks Duds for delivering my trailer and for not switching the data plate with yours :razz:. Had a great time seeing old friends and making new ones. Next time we will have to attack the mud hole.
I only got one tail light working on the new M101 trailer. I should have started on that sooner I guess. My luck ran out at Gap.....we stopped at the Hess for diesel, and then proceeded up Gap hill, and got pulled over by a state trooper for not having trailer lights.
Trooper: "Do you know why I pulled you over?"
Me: "No sir, no idea."
Trooper: You have no trailer lights."
Me: Whell they were working when we left."
Trooper:" You either gotta fix it or leave the trailer."
Me: Ok, we will take care of it."
Trooper: Ok, dont let me see you driving like this. This vehicle is camo and hard to see."
Me: OK."
Trooper : Have a nice night."
He didnt ask for no license, registration or where my trailer tag was.
So I dropped it at a buddy's house who just happens to live on Gap Hill.