• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Members in Northern Virginia?

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I figured one of you was probably also bidding on the auction I was wondering if anyone was going there cause I can’t make it I might just give up on bidding
Not bidding. And Thursday is a 13 hour day...but I am around the corner from the stuff you are looking at.

Orionspath

Alexandria, Virginia. Hey guys. Does anyone has a 2’ square of Camo/green cargo cover Vinyl they’d be willing to share/sell me as mice must left me several holes in Deuce Cover last winter during storage. Cannot seem to find a repair kit WITH vinyl on line...Thank fellas.
Pete

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have cordura nylon in deep green by the yard. Be happy to send you a yard for cost of shipping. PM me address if you want it.
Bulldogger

pmramsey

I have 2ft x 2ft peel and press vinyl sheets in OD green that is used for patching military parachutes. I use it on my trailer covers to patch the holes. I cut it to be several inches larger than the hole, affix it to the material, and perform the same on the other side of the cover. I've never had any issues with it. The patching material is re-enforced with a flexible screen looking grid built into each sheet.

USMCGunny

Woodbridge M35A2 1970 model
Its overheating and blowing water out of the cap. Original had the radiator repaired when I bought it a few months ago,the guys put it in the acid tank overnight and fixed a couple leaks and tested it out as ok. since then new belts, new cap, new sender, new gauges, new thermostat, new heater core. The system has been flushed back flushed and new coolant 50/50 put in the truck Yes the cooling system was a wreck. Well driving it 20 miles the other night the gauge went to just below 240 and when we got to where we were going water was coming out of the cap. With a thermal gun checked the temps and the top of the radiator was hot the bottom was cold. Both sides of the thermostat read the same so I assume its opening. U would think flow problem right. But the petcock drains the radiator with out a problem.
Ok all you SME out there what do you think, A new radiator is $1200 bucks

Another Ahab

Its overheating and blowing water out of the cap. Original had the radiator repaired when I bought it a few months ago,the guys put it in the acid tank overnight and fixed a couple leaks and tested it out as ok. since then new belts, new cap, new sender, new gauges, new thermostat, new heater core.

Ok all you SME out there what do you think, A new radiator is $1200 bucks
It sucks when you do everything right...and you STILL have a problem.

But it happens. Sure hope you get this figured out cheap, USMCGunny.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks