• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Members in Northern Virginia?

Paladin6

Must've missed this thread - I'm in Front Royal, been here for 16 years. Before that 1 year in Winchester, 6 years in Culpeper and 5 years in Blacksburg/Christiansburg.

Still MV-less for several years, but able to help anyone out if they need assistance.
There seems to be a fair number of us in the area. I've been off the net for awhile - just getting back on here to Steel Soldiers. I'm in the Leesburg area.

Has anyone here participated in some of the trail rides/convoys done in Loudoun county over the last couple of years?

Another Ahab

Has anyone here participated in some of the trail rides/convoys done in Loudoun county over the last couple of years?
Don't know about Loudon County, but there's a pow-wow/ hootenanny off 15/29 down toward Charlottesville every year (you know discounting the Plague Year and all). Features good chow, a trail run, and everything. Has its own thread on here, something Mountain is the place, but my feeble plain mind can't remember the name. Graves Mountain?

Paladin6

Don't know about Loudon County, but there's a pow-wow/ hootenanny off 15/29 down toward Charlottesville every year (you know discounting the Plague Year and all). Features good chow, a trail run, and everything. Has its own thread on here, something Mountain is the place, but my feeble plain mind can't remember the name. Graves Mountain?
Roger. Have heard about the Graves Mountain Rally - will look to get to it this year with a vehicle if I can. I looked at their previous events and they seem great.

I'm with a group of mil vehicle owners who do a spring and fall gravel/dirt road convoy in Loudoun and surrounding area. One day events but still a good 40 mile workout for the vehicles and a chance to partner up with some good, like minded folks and similar vehicles. It has mainly been jeeps and 3/4 tons, but have also had deuces as well. Would be open to all types of mil vehicles.

Slinger646

That's a fine beauty, nice find!

Any plans to restore/ paint it at all, or are you just going to work it till it drops?!
Both? Perhaps somewhere down the line I can trade to a Vietnam enthusiast for an A2 so I don’t feel so bad about working a piece of history.

Another Ahab

I'm with a group of mil vehicle owners who do a spring and fall gravel/dirt road convoy in Loudoun and surrounding area. It has mainly been jeeps and 3/4 tons, but have also had deuces as well. Would be open to all types of mil vehicles.
If you don't mind going to the trouble, you could start an event thread about it here on SS.

People would likely appreciate that, and also show up!

Graves Mountian, the Georgia Rally. There's more than a few threads like that.

Daves86

Welcome to the madness! Nice ride. Look forward to more Pics when it shows up. Did RWH do any upgrades or just service it? Are you planning any upgrades?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks