• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 002 battery group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I've been looking for over an hour now, got the NSN, got the size, but search has failed me regarding the battery group for the MEP 002

Crawdaddy

Copied from the Wiki

MEP-002A Battery

The OEM Battery is a 2HN 445CCA 45 Amp-hour 12V wet cell. 2 required (10.3"L x 5.3"W x 9.0"H)

BCI Group 51R is the civilian replacement for the military's 2NH battery. (9.4"L x 5.0"W x 8.8"H) The terminals are set-up the same as the 2HN which is reversed (R) from the size 51. Rumor on the web has it the 2HN is deemed not for civilian sale by Homeland Security. Don't know if true.

Other BCI Group sizes that might fit:
51 (9.4"L x 5.0"W x 8.8"H)
22NF (9.4"L x 5.5"W x 9.0"H)
45 (9.4"L x 5.5"W x 9.0"H)

Storeman says this one is a good fit: Interstate SP22NF batteries (requires 2)

Last edited:

Uloadit

This is what idid 1 x1 angel and bolted it to the frame and bolted one side of a bungee cordand hook up the other side to the frame .I used 2- 800 cc’s . 002a 2p.jpg

Uloadit

ya it said (( this 390 CCA automotive battery will get you where you need to go. )) LOL not far. That is no better that a lawn motor battery .One maybe two years and its done

edgephoto

the add on that site
Time will tell. Vibration is what does in lawn tractor batteries. I would be willing to bet that the vibration of the generators will be tough on batteries. Automotive batteries are not designed for significant vibration. I doubt that any civilian battery would hold as well as the Mil Spec battery.

Uloadit

They wanted $75 for each battery and that is 390 CC and don’t have the plates to hold up. I paid that for the bigger 800CC will get the glow plugs going quick.( more amps ) As far as vibration that’s not going to kill the batteries. But what ever! The cold and hot weather andhow long they sit with no charge will do any battery in. The more amps will also help make the starter last longer. and give you a lot longer cranking time

Last edited:

Triple Jim

The ability of a battery to supply current (Amps) is different from the current requirements of things like a starter or glow plugs. The starter and glow plugs will draw approximately the same current whether supplied by a 390 cold cranking amps battery, or an 800 one. The 800 version will probably supply it for a longer time before discharging, although CCA isn't a measure of battery capacity, Amp-hours is, which is somewhat related to the advertising term "reserve capacity".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks