• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 002 battery group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgephoto

The ability of a battery to supply current (Amps) is different from the current requirements of things like a starter or glow plugs. The starter and glow plugs will draw approximately the same current whether supplied by a 390 cold cranking amps battery, or an 800 one. The 800 version will probably supply it for a longer time before discharging, although CCA isn't a measure of battery capacity, Amp-hours is, which is somewhat related to the advertising term "reserve capacity".
Jim, right on. It amazes me how many people have no understanding of electricity and think a bigger battery will make it start better. If I plug my computer into my welder outlet will it be twice as fast?

The temperature of a battery certainly changes the batteries ability to supply current. And any 12v flooded battery that is not kept charged will fail quickly. Even deep cycle batteries are not meant to be left in a discharged state for any length of time. Vibration won't kill a battery? The plates come loose and short together that is how vibration kills a battery.

FMJ,

I heard a guy on the radio who is giving all his stuff away and selling his house because the world is ending and he doesn't need anything anymore.

Uloadit

((((((((((((It amazes me how many people have no understanding of electricity and think a bigger battery will make it start better. If I plug my computer into my welder outlet will it be twice as fast?)))))))
I guess insulting me with a comment like that I guess I should use a axode transmission to do a 5r100 transmission job. It could do it but if the load is to heavy it wont last to long. I guess if I just use ¼ of the power it s ok LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks